Fishing in the Rocky/Clearwater/Nordegg area is unsurpassed. With an abundance of lakes, rivers, and streams at your fingertips, finding a great place to fish is as simple as casting your line. Fish range from Dolly Varden, Cutthroat, Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, Lake Trout, and Rocky Mountain Whitefish to Yellow Perch, Northern Pike, Walleye and others.
Wildlife Identification Number (WIN) $8.00 + GST (for 5 years)
Age 16 - 64 • $25.66 + GST (for 1 year)
Under 16 & 65 and older: No license required
Fishing license effective from April 1 to march 31 yearly.
*Licenses only required if between the ages of 16 and 64
** Prices vary for Non-Canadian residents
Fishing Regulations: www.albertaregulations.ca
Rocky Mountain House
Canadian Tire: 5440-46 St. • 403-846-0077
Grandview Stage: Hwy. 752 by Cow Lake • 403-845-6404
Tackle and Trails: Hwy. 11 • 403-845-5183 • www.tackleandtrails.com
Caroline Supplies Ltd.: 5116-50 Ave. • 403-722-3922
Alhambra Corner Store: Hwy. 11 • 403-729-3003
For additional information:
Fish and Wildlife Rocky (Ph:403-845-8230)
Information Systems Management Corporation (ISM) 1-888-944-5494
The Rocky Children's Fish Pond
Located just across the North Saskatchewan River on the gravel road along the river between the bridges on the David Thompson Highway (HWY 11) and Highway 11A (52 Ave).
• Made exclusively for children
• Under 16 - no license required
• Managed by Rocky Fish & Wildlife
• Pond stocked twice each summer
• Catch and release promoted
• Rocky Co-op: Hwy 11 • Ph:403-845-2841
• Grandview Stage: Secondary Highway 752 • Ph:403-845-6404
• Caroline Supplies: 5120 50ave, Caroline • Ph:403-722-3922
• Clearwater Trading Co.: Ricinus, Jct. of Hwy 22 and 54 • Ph:403-722-2378
• Nordegg General Store: Nordegg • Ph:403-721-3771
• Canadian Tire: 5440-46 St. • 403-846-0077
• Tackle and Trails: Hwy. 11 • 403-845-5183 • www.tackleandtrails.com
For a list of fishing holes in the Rocky Mountain House area choose from the list below.
• Check out the Albertaoutdoorsmen.ca website for additional fishing information and locations.
Helifishing Tours - Icefield Helicopter Tours
• For a list of all the lakes stocked in the Rocky area contact
the Fish and Wildlife Office 403-845-8230
• The Tourist Information Centre has a book with excellent information,
maps and descriptions for Alberta.
• Smitty's outdoor Adventures • 403-844-9468 • Cell: 403-846-5919